Friday, 21 March 2008

Derek and Sheena's New Flat

Hi Everyone,

Shari wanted to see some pictures of our new flat and I thought they might be good content for the family blog. I hope everyone has a nice Easter Sunday! What are everyone's plans?

Derek


Living room slash kitchen. Can anyone spot the "Easter Egg" in this one?


This is the view from the couch. Items of interest include the LCD TV we got from a pawn shop, the little red vacuum with a face named Henry that came with the flat, and a picture frame we got at Ikea with photos from various places we've been over the last 2 years.


The kitchen (from the couch again).


The hall leading to the bedroom. The door at the end of the hall is the water closet (just a toilet and sink) and the door to the right is the shower room.


And here's the inside of the shower room, which I really enjoy after more than six years of showers in bathtubs.


The little but genuinely cozy bedroom.


And finally a close-up of the bedroom fireplace which is no longer functional and just lets in a draught (British spelling of "draft").

Other British-to-American translations: courgette = zucchini; aubergine = eggplant

5 comments:

Rich Dauphin said...

Your "flat" is really "cute". Thanks for sharing! What do the Scots call a tire without any air?

Anonymous said...

I love your flat, guys. It looks so cozy, and you've made it so homey. Now I want to visit you all the more! Love ya both!

Navona said...

I'm glad you both liked the pics. So far as I know, the British still use the term "flat" to refer to flat tyres (they do spell tire differently though).

Anonymous said...

I like the new flat, especially the high ceilings and warm wood cabinets and doors. Though I am a bit worried about your tv watching habits - something soft-pornish looking and Ellen? :)

Navona said...

Hehehe. You found the "Easter Egg"! They're actually both shots of an Ellen episode I had left on. There was some actor who was on the cover of a romance novel which is what's on the screen in that picture. I didn't notice it until I was looking at it on the computer and thought it might be funny for particularly observant people. Good job!