
Willkommen!
It's been a long time since anyone posted on here and I have been accruing pictures over the last month, so I thought it might be nice to show you all a bit of Edinburgh that none of you have seen.
To relax and because we've had strangely nice weather, Sheena and I have been taking walks on the trail along the Union Canal, which is an old shipping canal built between Edinburgh and Glasgow. The renovation and re-purposing of this canal into a largely recreational waterway was part of a very large project called the Millenium Link which includes the famous Falkirk Wheel. Anyway, enjoy some pictures we took during these walks over the last few weeks. I've also thrown in a picture of Sheena in her new footed pajamas (thanks again Mom!) and one of our homemade pizzas.
Hope everyone is well!
Love,
Derek and Sheena
Union Canal near Tollcross
A house on the canal near Polwarth
Polwarth Parish Church
Sheebs along the canal
Graffiti along the canal
One of the bridges is for a train while the other allows the Union Canal to cross over The Water of Leith river
Sheena by The Water of Leith
Sheebs in her new footed pajamas
Homemade pizza on crusts we made our very selves! Dass schmeckt sehr gut!
2 comments:
Thanks for your pictures along the canal--it is beautiful and looks like a very relaxing walk! Sounds like they have boat tours--that would be fun to do! And the Falkirk Wheel is certainly fascinating!
Sheena, you look so cute and cozy in your new pj's! Warm and cuddly, right? ...and the pizza, scrumptious! Yum!
See you guys soon! I can hardly wait! ILY!
Mom Shari
Oh, my -- those pictures along the canal are beautiful -- thanks for sharing them. You know how much I enjoy walking, so I am looking forward to some early morning walks along the canal myself to absorb the gorgeous scenery. August can't come to soon for me --I can hardly wait to see you two and to enjoy Europe.
ILY lots. Karen N.
Post a Comment